As I was reviewing my notes from this yoga-intensive weekend, I saw quite a few items that didn’t make it into the final cut of blog posts. But they are still cool, interesting, random snippets; so here’s a little post of yoga “outtakes” that contain all of these fun-yet-misfit stragglers, for your reading pleasure. Enjoy!
- Yoga is “an accessible gateway to the present moment.”
- “Spend half the effort; get twice the results.” (Or, for you more mathematically-inclined people out there: 1/2 E => R x 2
- “Stop thinking, start listening.”
- “If you have any issues, that’s your problem. You can stop whenever you want.”
- One wild adjustment I saw: A person was in bow pose, and Dave picked her up arms, so that she was dangling and her back was free to stretch out fully. Wow! (And FYI, he *did* consult with her before he did this adjustment to confirm that her back was in good shape, and able to handle it.)
- Renewal of a personal awareness: Man, my balance is crap. And my strength is still pretty weak. But boy, I’m flexible as all get-out.
- I spent a large part of this weekend being stinky, sticky, and stretchy. And despite my messy hair, and my damp clothes, and my funk, I was beautiful. Correction: I *am* beautiful.
- Chinese proverb: “Enjoy yourself…it’s later than you think.”
- I adore yoga.